Re: [Amps] Svetlana 572B and FL-2100Z

To: "Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF" <oz1pif@privat.dk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Svetlana 572B and FL-2100Z
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:26:21 -0700

On Aug 28, 2004, at 6:26 AM, Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF wrote:

Alek and Group,

There are at least two diverging opinions on that! In some amps like the
SB200 they are reportedly behaving quite well, wereas they are quite a
handfull in the FL2x00 series of amps, and possibly also in others. My
experience is with the FL2000B and that cost me two sets of tubes! before I
finally gave up and rebuilt the amp using a single QB4/1100 (full story on
my homepage)

A QB4 has less feedback C than a pair of 572Bs, so it is inherently more stable. However, 572Bs can be tamed if one does his/her homework and does not mind losing 2% or so of P-out on 10m.

cheers, Peter

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@privat.dk
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/oz1pif/