[Amps] Tube Tester

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tube Tester
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:36:31 -0400
Carlos,
There have not been any "real" tube testers made for broadcasting and amateur tubes. they were some commercial, industrial and military ones though. I'm not sure if the military ones you can get from ebay will test these or not. Like was mentioned, the amp itself is the best way because it tests under a load. If there was a tube tester, it needs to be a "mutual conductance" type so it will simulate it running in circuit.

Will Matney

Can anyone tell me what tube tester would test the 8875 tubes of my MLA-2500, or any other ceramic tube for that matter.

Thanks,
Carlos. KF4RRN