[Amps] Re: load capacitor ratings

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: load capacitor ratings
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:04:34 -0400
Vic and Roy,
Yea, I caught that. I don't know why I mis-read what was said, I must have been thinking about a Pi tank or something when I wrote that. I sent in a correction which was in the last mailing. Sorry about that, I don't like to confuse folks.

Will

For the Pi-L, just take the intermediate impedance used in the Pi-L design (often 300 ohms) instead of 50 ohms. You need to use the actual PEP power as it would be measured by a peak-reading wattmeter, of course, plus a safety factor.
-- 73, Vic, K2VCO Fresno CA http://www.qsl.net/k2vco