Re: [Amps] load capacitor ratings?

To: "R. Measures" <r@somis.org>,"amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] load capacitor ratings?
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:54:43 -0400
I wanted to take a look at OEP's variable inductor and see what it said on their website and in the catalog I have here. The website says they're using a glass-phenolic core. The printed catalog said it had a teflon-delrin polymer core.

From website;

The new R128C is completely non-magnetic, and all materials are chosen for high electrical and thermal conductivity and low loss in RF fields. The plated #10 copper bus wire rests in a precision-machined helical groove cut into a glass-based phenolic tubular core. This core turns on two large sealed stainless steel ABEC-5 instrument bearings seated in machined Ultem frames. Incorporated into the design are two of the RF-proven high-amperage rotary contacts originally designed for high-end variable capacitors.

Will Matney