[Amps] How do I determine Class

To: Mail List for Amplifiers <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] How do I determine Class
From: Jim Isbell <millenniumfalcon@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:54:36 -0500
On pages 202-205 of the 1956 "Radio Amateurs Handbook" (ARRL) there is an amplifier described called "Parallel Tetrodes in a High Power Amplifier" How do I, from that description and schematics etc., determine in what class the amplifier is operating? And what is a National MB-40-L? I assume its no longer available but also assume that it can be reproduced. This looks like just what I need for a linear to go with my Viking Ranger to add some boost to the signal when needed. AND still be contemporary period.

Jim W5JAI