Re: [Amps] Question about low frequency tank coil forms?

To: jsb@digistar.com, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question about low frequency tank coil forms?
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:44:50 -0400
Jason,
I think you misunderstand, I'm speaking of slotting or drilling the insulated core/form and not the conductor. This would allow air to pass through the insulated form, around the back side of the coils, in spots determined by the slots or holes. The holes or slots would have to be small enough so the the wire wouldn't have flat spots on a roller inductor so the roller would keep in contact with the wire coil. I would think 1/4" holes in a staggered pattern would allow 14 to 12 gage wire to remain circular around the core. Matter of fact, you could plug off one side of the tubular core and put forced air in the other end. This would force air out of the holes in behind the turns of the coil making the core a plenum.

Will Matney