[Amps] Re: The QRO website

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: The QRO website
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:35:13 -0400
Jim,
This is not a problem to do. I wrote this up quickly after doing a logo up in Xara Webstyle. I wanted a quick template for all to see if they wanted this. If somebody would like to host this besides freewebs.com, it is ok with me. This would make a quick template to get it easily started.

The problem with the under construction gif is that it's a fixed size and only so much text will fit in it. This was done with Xara Webstyle also.

On each page that the index links to would have sub-topics. Then each sub-topic would have a link to their page. I didn't take it this far as I wanted to see if there's enough genuine response to do this. Webpages are time consuming, but I am proficient with most. however, they still take some time to set up and do correctly. This one can be copied and redone as needed to another site and should work ok.

The name QRO Applications just came up as a whim, and so it was named. Any other name can be used. Other logos can be used too, but would need to be what I have on file. I will make a banner add for this when ever something is decided on for others to post a link with.

Hopefully, there is enough interest, but I sure would need help keeping it going like reviewing topics that are submitted. The HTML, I could handle okay. So, everybody interested needs to get in action =)

Will Matney

Jim Isbell wrote:

I looked it over and it seems to me there should be a title "In the Lab, Under Construction" where Amps under construction and still being refined could be displayed in schematic form and in photos. Schematics could be commented upon by viewers who thought they could contribute. Questions could be posed by builders who are having problems getting a project off the ground.

Jim W5JAI Isbell.

http://www.nod32.com