Re: [Amps] ARCO compression trimmer caps

To: shr@swtexas.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ARCO compression trimmer caps
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:25:35 -0700
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:08:56 -0500 W0UN -- John Brosnahan
<shr@swtexas.net> writes:
> If you DO want to make your own nuts you can get a tap for $7.75
> from  http://www.jtsmach.com/jtswebshop/Taps_Dies/T057.asp
>
> Of course this assumes that the thread is REALLY a 12-40.
> Surprised that ARCO does not give any thread info for the trimmer
mounting.

> --John

Hi John,
   "Quality Imports" .... that's an oxymoron.  Those might be good enough
to make a few nuts in brass.  A local tool supply carries some of the odd
sizes in "import quality" at about $3-4 ea. but, not the 12-40.

   You may check the thread pitch by using a 4-40 screw as a thread
gauge.

   Then measure the diameter with a micrometer then look up the specs for
a 12-40 in a Machinery's Handbook to confirm.

   Or you can.... trust me.   :-)

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W