Re: [Amps] Panasonic tube radio

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Panasonic tube radio
From: "donii@sympatico.ca" <donii@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:00:35 -0400
Oh boy..................memories
When I was a kid I was very interested in Ham radio. Read a lot about it but was never disciplined enough to learn my code well enough to pass the exam. I was pretty good on theory though. So I went into audio. At the ripe age of 15 I was building 6L6's and 6V6 push pull audio amps that I sold to my musician friends. Didn't know too much as I was copying and adapting circuts 'borrowed' left and right. One of my major info sources was the ARRL yearly handbook for tube pinouts and tube characteristics . In a way I think that those were the golden years since technology was still within the grasp of everyone who was ready to read a bit. One could look at a schemetic of a HF rig and know exactly how it worked before buying it. Try that now!!
I had a geat time and I'm glad I still remember enough to play around with my boatanchors.
73's
VE2FAR
Peter