Re: [Amps] Plate tank for 144 MHz using 8877

To: dezrat1242@ispwest.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate tank for 144 MHz using 8877
From: jeff millar <wa1hco@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 00:23:09 -0400
Bill

Check out the "easy build" amplifiers from this site

http://nd2x.net/yu1aw-2m-easy.html

The design shows a GS-31B or GS-35B, but the same output network will work for an 8877.

I've also been working on two variations of the YU1AW design that don't use the output capacitor with a floating shaft...the network looks more like an HF pi-network. I can define them for you if you're interested...

There's a bunch of other designs on the nd2x site. Check out the long plate line designs, they're fairly easy to make and very efficient, but large.
http://nd2x.net/PA3CSG-2.html
http://www.pa7ta.com/144MHz_RF-Deck.htm

Or this one with a flat plate line
http://www.dg2kbc.de/gs35.html

All the GS-35B designs will work with an 8877 because they're the same plate voltage and current.

hope this helps...

jeff, wa1hco

Bill Turner wrote:

I have an 8877 which needs a plate tank circuit for 144 MHz.  I'm
aware of the one shown at http://web.wt.net/~w5un/8877-1.htm
but I don't have the metal working facilities to make it.

Is there anyone out there who could make one for me?

Or does anyone have a recommendation for another, easier-to-fabricate,
144 MHz tank circuit suitable for an 8877?

All suggestions welcome.

--
Bill W6WRT