Re: [Amps] Transformers in parallel

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformers in parallel
From: "lncarman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:47:16 -0500
I'm running a pair of HV transformers in parallel to power a 3cpx5000 homebrew amp.
Each transformer runs about 5100 vac, at close to an amp. I have two seperate full-wave rectifiers
( one for each transformer ) which I joint at the dc output going to the filter capacitors. I understand
that Henry used this technique on some units instead of combining the transformer's hvac outputs
prior to the rectifiers. Seems to work ok with a good primary soft start circuit. I had about 50 vac
difference from one transformer's hvac to the others which I don't see to be a big problem at 5000 volts.
Someone may correct me on that.

Larry N5BIP

----- Original Message ----- From: <kc4mne@bellsouth.net>