Re: [Amps] Looking for a design for a single 4cx250b tube on50Mhz-SixMet

To: "Ken G3WCS" <amps@g3wcs.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking for a design for a single 4cx250b tube on50Mhz-SixMeters
From: Karl-Arne Markström <sm0aom@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:29:22 +0200
I agree, the tuned circuits in this amplifier do look not very optimised...

However, the solution may be closer than we think, look up the G6JP
single 4CX250B 144 MHz PA in the RSGB VHF Manual, redesign the
grid and plate tuned circuits for 50 MHz, and you are all set.

Another design that may be worth investigating is the 4X250
multi-band amplifier in the Orr & Johnson VHF Handbook (1956).

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM