Re: [Amps] Toms Tubes back up and running

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Toms Tubes back up and running
From: craxd <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:23:09 -0400
Tom,

Good to see your back up and running.

I figured I'd mention this because of the request for the GU-84 socket. There's two versions of the GU-84 tube, one slightly longer than the other. The shorter version will not fit in the socket that has the built in chimney (air system type). Tom has another socket, custom made that should fit both. What happens on the shorter version, the anode fins bottom out on the chimney and don't allow the tube to seat in the socket. I was at a Russian site the other day, I forget where, and read about this. Without knowing where a tube came from, it would be hard to tell if it would fit the air socket, or not, unless one measured it to one that would.

Will Matney

Thomas Hix wrote:

I am glad to say that my web site www.tomstubes.com is back up and running now faster than ever.
I appreciate those of you who contacted me about what had happened to my site....I was moving it to a new server which is much faster than my old one.....so now my site is loading 3 times faster than ever before.
I did notice someone was looking for the gu84b sockets.....I have them in stock and ready to ship.
Thanks again.
73
Tom Hix....w4th.....Tom's Tubes

Tom's Tubes: Amateur Radio Amp Tubes & Sockets, PEP Boards & VFO Stabilizers, CW Keys, K4POZ Screwdriver Antennas & G3SEK Triode/Tetrode Boards & Kits. http://www.tomstubes.com