Re: [Amps] knob & meter scales

To: <gdaught6@stanford.edu>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] knob & meter scales
From: "Bill Coleman N2BC" <n2bc@stny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:13:41 -0400
Hi George, I use an inexpensive general purpose CAD program, DELTACAD ($40).

http://www.dcad.com/

I have been using it for schematics, chassis and panel layouts, panel labels, meter scales, etc. It may take a bit of time to learn, but the results are terrific. If you have access to a machine shop, the output files can directly 'feed' a numerically controlled milling machine, etc.

For meter scales, I print the new scale on plain paper, cut it to fit the existing meter plate. I give both sides of the new scale a light coat of clear krylon, then glue it to the back of the original plate with wallpaper adhesive.

Here's a sample of one I did for a club project:

http://home.stny.rr.com/n2bc/CathodeMeterScale.jpg

There's a rather poor picture of the finished project with a bunch of re-done meters and some panel labels here:

http://home.stny.rr.com/n2bc/PT_Project.htm

Best of luck!

73, Bill N2BC

----- Original Message ----- From: <gdaught6@stanford.edu>