[Amps] RE: 5 kw amps -- why?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] RE: 5 kw amps -- why?
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:03:36 +0000

Don't get me wrong--I'm not advocating a world-wide ban on these amps--remember, I was commenting on an American ham. If I lived in a part of the world where the limit was let's say, 3 Kw, and I was away from nearby neighbors, I'd consider equipping myself with the option of going that high. In the U.S. I'll even buy an argument for a 2 kw plate dissipation, but FIVE Kw? I don't think so. Thanks for all the (mostly) amusing stories. As I commented to one guy, with my pair of 3-500s and low voltage supply, I'm starting to feel like the driver of a Trabant who can't exceed the speed limit whether he wants to or not.

73,

Rob/K5UJ