Re: [Amps] RE: Snipers are the scourge of Ebay]

To: "Arthur Moe" <kb7ww@easystreet.com>, <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE: Snipers are the scourge of Ebay]
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:58:17 -0700
"This is true, but it all comes down to being disciplined in your price. DO
NOT get caught up in the bidding wars.  Decide what you want to bid and
don't go higher.

Art"

C'mon Art.  How am I going to make money on eBay if everyone has an attitude
like you.

Outbidding others - especially for something that is in poor condition - is
a sign of virility.  Those who bid the highest for surplus items that have
not been tested because the seller has no knowledge of electronics is the
ultimate in showing that you are successful in life.

I do not need any shills to bid up my stuff, as they seem to do it
themselves without prompting.

My policy is to describe each item I sell carefully and then have a full
refund policy.  When I first started selling my junk, I felt guilty because
it brought so much.  I would not cash the checks thinking the buyer would
ask for a refund.  But, they never did.  After years of this, I have stopped
feeling guilty.

Colin  K7FM

---