Re: [Amps] SB-1000 meter switch

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-1000 meter switch
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:47:41 -0500
Pete,

Not necessarily. Heathkit had switches made with different contact numbers, etc, and the way they switched. To replace them with a standard can be done, but you have to determine how to re-wire the stock switch and make it work. You could end up with more poles just to do the same function the way Heath had it. I think the ones used in the Ameritron amps were all stock switches.

Will Matney

Pete Smith wrote:

Does this also follow for the meter switch on the SB-220? My rel pwr and HV functions have stopped indicating, and as far as I can tell the switch is the only thing these functions have in common. Grid current continues to read more or less normally.

73, Pete N4ZR