[Amps] Learning 'bout Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Learning 'bout Amps
From: StephenTetorka@cs.com
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:34:57 -0500
Thanks Guys:

I appreciate your time in the replies.

I'm learning quite a lot from your discussions; appreciate being here.

And, its giving me the growing confidence to tackle my 2 x 813 rig I've
'dedicated' myself to making.

On these parasitics, I gather that they are 'spikes' or sudden bursts of
xmission.
As such, they should be measureable and able to be captured electronically.

Also, regarding predisposed resonances, might a simple grid dip meter sniff for
suspicious hot spots via meter excursions?

It seems like the real-world problem is the physical arcing phenomena and the
damage done.

As we know, arcing due to voltage breakdown is affected greatly by dimensional
characteristics of the two 'electrodes' involved - that is, the 'sharpness' or
pointiness of the surface in close proximity.
...and for those in Denver, air density & air pressure.

Lastly, it appears that the breakdown voltage & arcing may be due to either
charged (air) ion OR the electron whorling around the E-field.
Seems like the breakdown voltages are different for each bugger ( please see
www.ce-mag.com/archive/02/01/mrstatic.html. )

Please excuse me if I'm repeating something already known.

Regards,
Steve
WA2TAK