Re: [Amps] How to drive 6M 8877 with DownEast 50-28 ... IPA?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to drive 6M 8877 with DownEast 50-28 ... IPA?
From: Ken G3WCS <amps@g3wcs.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:48:59 +0000
Hi Tom,

Another interesting idea was about using a ~200W triode and letting it idle
in class A1, giving maybe 60W output without worrying about neg feedback.
Maybe that would approach -40 db, or perhaps the device itself has
limitations - like using a triode connected 813, etc, dunno.

I would be very interested in this idea as well. I thought of using one of the Russian low power triodes (GI-7B) to drive a higher power triode (GS-35B) in a 6m amp.

I am in a similar situation to yourself. I use the Elecraft XV50 transverter which produces about 20-25 watts out. The GI-7B's are quite inexpensive and should go in the same cabinet without too much trouble.

Still in the planning stages, so will watch the thread to see if it develops.

Regards,

Ken.

--

Ken G3WCS <ken@g3wcs.com>