Re: [Amps] Help on Aerovox capacitor

To: <mclarson@rcc.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Help on Aerovox capacitor
From: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:12:57 -0500
I agree with Dennis on his assessment of the cap with this added thought. Since the internals are wound like a roll of paper towels in oil, it is possible that the outside layer is closer to the physical case and thus have a lower breakdown voltage to the case than the inside layer terminal? Thus if the cap is insulated from the chassis, no polarity should be noted, but if the cap is mounted on a chassis with other wiring, the red dot should be the positive terminal?
Just asking.....

73,
Ken W2DTC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Clarson" <mclarson@rcc.com>