Re: [Amps] RF Ammeter

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF Ammeter
From: "Mike Sawyer" <w3slk@uplink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:06:07 -0500
From: "Mike Sawyer" <w3slk@uplink.net>
To: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 1:58 PM

I still have the original face plate and meter case. The reason it went
Tango Uniform is it apparently got moisture in the movement. Along with
that, the thermal couple burned out, (I didn't know it was that then). I'll
have to try the  Google search since I haven't done it in a while. I was
hoping maybe some0ne had parted out a SB1K. Nice sturdy amp. RCA
over-engineered it with over sized plate iron (this unit is so heavy you
have to roll it on wheels). 2800vdc on a pair of G-G 3-400Z's for 1KW out.
You could pretty much go key-down with a brick and come back 24 hours later
and it still would be putting out full throttle, (although the FCC wouldn't
care for it ;>)
Mike(y)
W3SLK