[Amps] re: freq. vs. tuning

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] re: freq. vs. tuning
From: "carl seyersdahl" <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:35:52 -0500
 The question was raised as to freq. change vs. re-tuning.!!  It all comes
down to the "Q" of the final tank ckt. (plus maybe the "q" of the input
ckt )
   The  sharper the "Q" of the output ckt the more you'll need to re0tune
the amp's output ckt. (of course this assumes the input ckt is also
"broadbanded enough to retain the power input level " at the requiered
level.!!
  If you can live with a little less output power , off resonance, you can
go some distance up or down, but it isn't recommended to go more than a few
(10-20 maybe)
  kc's (oops) khz's. this also is dependent on the freq. band in question
!!!!! The higher bands are always a little "broader" than the lower bands.
    If I'm wrong someone will darn sure let me know, and I'll be happy to
hear the "arguments"
    Have a good day all.!!!!!!
    carl / kz5ca