Re: [Amps] Drawing of SK-860 Socket

To: Crawfish <crawfish@surfmore.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drawing of SK-860 Socket
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:00:22 +0000
Crawfish wrote:

I need a drawing of the Eimac SK-860 socket for the 3CX1000A7 tube. I need to
know which pin is which. I know one side of th filament is on the last plate,
but need a factory drawing. Thanks in advance!!

                              Joe W4AAB

Do you have the *full* data sheet for the tube - I suspect that will give you the information you need? Page 4 of the 3CX1000A7 data sheet, (a copy of which is on my web site)

http://www.g8wrb.org/data/Eimac/3CX1000A7.pdf

does not show the socket, but does show the pin out of the tube. The bottom connection is heater only, the one above is heater+cathode, the one above that the grid and I think you know where the anode is. From that is should be easy to work out what pin is what on the SK-860 socket.

Note the 3CX1000A7's data sheet (page 3) says you can use either the SK-860 or SK-870 socket, with the latter having the grid contacts grounded.

I suspect you were using the abbreviated data on Eimac's web site, which does not have all this information, but the full data sheet does. If you still need a drawing of a socket, I suspect you will have to ask Eimac. If you get one I'd like to take a copy to put on the above web site.

IMPORTANT Anyone visiting the above site please do not recursively copy the whole site, as I don't have the bandwidth to make this practical - it slows this site, and others hosted on the same server too much. There is only an ADSL connection with a 56-256 bkit/s uplink (i.e. download for anyone taking things from the web site). I found someone the other night doing this *HtTrack (*a tool designed to mirror web sites) and blocked his IP address for a day. I hope to add a bandwidth limiter soon, which will allow people to get grab everything all at once.

--
Dr. David Kirkby, G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/ of if you live in Essex http://www.southminster-branch-line.org.uk/