Re: [Amps] Icom 746 Pro / AL-80B relay keying concern

To: Charlie <ad5th@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Icom 746 Pro / AL-80B relay keying concern
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:13:03 -0800
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:32:55 -0600, Charlie wrote:

>The Icom site recommends an interface for "all non-Icom amplifiers" but in
>the case of the above specs it appears to me there is already a 4 volt and a
>400mA "buffer" of sorts.  The demands of the 80B are well inside the
>capabilities of the 746 Pro. Right?

Follow the ICOM recommendations.  After about six months of operation
with a Command HF-2500, my IC-746PRO's keying relay stuck in the on
position and I had to send it back to ICOM, fortunately under
warranty.  They returned it with a memo on how to make a
one-transistor interface for keying.  The HF-2500 keying requirements
are 12vdc, 55 ma, well within the ICOM specs.

Spend the fifty cents.

--
Bill, W6WRT