Re: [Amps] 3-500Z uses [TSPA]

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z uses [TSPA]
From: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:15:44 -0500
K5PRO wrote:
"My coworkers and I maintain some five 'sockets' for 3-400Z at work, each used as an inverter/driver for a 4CX3000A which screen modulates a pair of 4CW250,000B which are plate modulators for a Burle 7835 grounded grid triode."

Awesome. Are the 4CW250,000B's really plate modulators or is it the stage where the actual modulation takes place? It makes me think of modulation transformers and modulation reactors the size of a small shoe store. As soon as you mentioned that the Burle is grounded grid it makes me think that the Burle stage is a linear amp rather than a stage to be plate modulated. Please add a little more information and straighten me out.
Thanks and 73,
Ken W2DTC