Re: [Amps] Quick 220 outlet?

To: wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Quick 220 outlet?
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:51:24 -0500
Gents,

        So many recent comments about testing voltage with fingers and
other body parts on this reflector scares the bejesus outa me.

        Despite whatever stories anyone has ever heard about anyone
else successfully detecting any voltage potential with their body, the
fact remains that it is a dangerous and possibly lethal practice.

        A telephone central office in NYC suffered a major fire
when the -48 volt bussbar was cut loose during renovations,
from its support and when it swung away the part that ran
from the cable penetration into the AT+T switch knocked
against a grounded steel I-beam and the resulting explosion
caught the wood floor on fire and the door was locked, of course.

        Any one of us who has worked with electricity for any length
of time has come to respect safety.

        Don't be foolish and think you can try detecting 120 or 240
with your fingers. You may end up dead.

Respectfully,

Hal Mandel
W4HBM