[Amps] super glue?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] super glue?
From: John Irwin <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:21:15 -0800 (PST)
dudes

I am in the process of developing a means of notching plastic rod for coil
spacing retainers using my shopsmith, cuts a notch in 1/4"rod to half
thickness about 1/8 inch apart.  This will give with #10 wire about 10 turns
per inch.  My question is about the glue or coil dope to seal the wire to the
rods.  arrl handbook says something about duco cement,I am not familar with
duco cement .  At work I use velco cement which is quite like old time airplane
model glue.  you can get this at fabric stores.  But what do YOU use for this
job. glue should not soften or melt with rf energy and I have no frendly
amplifier laying around to roast some samples in to find out!  The glue also
should not be conductive for this application.  hot glue is conductive.

any help will be appriciated

john kb9tc