Re: [Amps] 165V primary transformers.

To: kenw2dtc <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 165V primary transformers.
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:11:44 +0000
kenw2dtc wrote:

David,
I would put this response on contesting.com but I would be eaten alive by the guru's. I'm taking a stab in the dark as a rank novice on the subject of power:

If the x-ray facility were to have been fed by WYE transformers instead of DELTA transformers, wouldn't the "normal 120 VAC" leg be in the neighborhood of 165?

73,
Ken W2DTC

This is in the UK though, where the mains is 240 / 415 (now 230/400). It's possible the kit was designed for an American market though, and fed from a 240->120 converter of some sort. I should ask - I know the people that run the lab, although they might not know much about the inner workings of commercial equipment.

--
Dr. David Kirkby, G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/ of if you live in Essex http://www.southminster-branch-line.org.uk/