Re: [Amps] Could we *all* use the right tube part numbers?

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Could we *all* use the right tube part numbers?
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:11:49 +0000
Steve Thompson wrote:

Bill L. Fuqua wrote:

While you are at it.
20 meters is not 14 mhz. that should be MHz

or even 20 metres :-)

As for commas and suffix letters in part numbers, I have other things to
worry about. To me it's only a problem if there's ambiguity

Well it does as far as search engines are concerned. Google interprets them differently with or without the commas. Trying to find data on the Eimac 3CX15,000B7 has problems, as Eimac's web page will not be found by Google unless you put the comma in. Yet it will return more hits without the comma, as most people do it wrong.

The search engine on my own web page would not find a 4CX350, as no such tube existed on my pages. I did not write the search engine.

that matters in
the context. I could be very pedantic in specifying that I'd made linearity
measurements on a 4CX350A, and someone might gain the impression that the
figures only applied to that variant, when they will apply just the same to
4CX350F.

Steve

But whilst those linearity measurements might well apply to the 4CX350F, as it has only a different heater voltage, the same could not be said for the 4CX350FJ, which may be used as a direct replacement for the 4CX350F, but is designed to have lower intermodulation distorsion.

http://www.cpii.com/eimac/catalog/168239.htm

So I would have to say that comments about the linearity of a 4CX350 are worthless, unless you specifty the exact model.

--
Dr. David Kirkby, G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/ of if you live in Essex http://www.southminster-branch-line.org.uk/