Re: [Amps] how to measure impedence ??

To: "Dan Sawyer" <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] how to measure impedence ??
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:02:59 -0600
Lets say you wanted to measure the transistor side impedance of the
transformer:

1.  Put a resistor across the secondary (output) side to mimic the load,
typically 50 ohms.
2.  Use am Autek/ MFJ impedance bridge to measure the primary side at
different frequencies.  You can make a plot vs freq/ make a smith chart,
etc.

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that
will do them in."  -- Bradley's Bromide