Re: [Amps] [BULK] - shipping

To: 'Rich' <rdjmgmt@socket.net>, Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [BULK] - shipping
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:34:03 -0800

 I had to add my 2 cents on this, my mom used to work at the main post
office down town St. Louis. She always said not to over make a package
as "fragile glass" because as they sort them they would make sure they
threw, with a little extra force, the ones marked that way. I know it
sound ludicrous but that's the story from here. The supervisor can't
watch all people for the full shift.

::No so unbelievable.  A friend of mine ran the main UPS depot in Toronto
years ago and over lunch assured me that "FRAGILE" was a city in northern
Alberta where elk were trained to stomp on packages so marked, and "THIS
SIDE UP" represented nothing more than a challenge to the package handlers.
-WB2WIK/6