Re: [Amps] shipping damge

To: kk2ed@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] shipping damge
From: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:38:36 -0500
Dear Eric,

My experience at having over ten thousand dollars of precious amateur
amplifier gear destroyed through no fault of my own, coupled with
the experience of having to seek legal redress to compel both U.P.S.
and Fed Ex to perform as contracted has left me with a permanent
dislike for both corporations.

Anyone who says they have no problems getting claims resolved on
a regular basis is, I feel and believe, lying through their teeth.

Hal Mandel
W4HBM

"Eric Dobrowansky" <kk2ed@comcast.net> writes:
>  I had a TS940S damaged a few years ago. My first attempt at a claim
> was  denied. Then it took two weeks to get the supervisor to respond.
> Only after staying on him did my claim get approved. They never even
showed up
> for the scheduled appointments to inspect the damaged goods.
>
> A friend who is a supervisor at UPS had told me that it is their
> policy to deny ALL claims when first reported. They will give you the
> runaround, and the so-called supervisors are the only ones who can
over-ride this
> initial denial. They figure most folks give up after a little
resistance.