[Amps] Anyone seen a Dentron Galion HF Amplifier ?

To: "'Amps@contesting.com'" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Anyone seen a Dentron Galion HF Amplifier ?
From: Clas-Olof Bergman <clas-olof.bergman@se.flextronics.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:30:40 -0000
Hello !

A friend of mine have just picked up a amplifier called " Dentron Galion". I
have never heard about it, and I have searched the web but so far no hits.
The tube is a 3-500ZG, it covers all bands 10-160 m including WARC, and it
seems to have no tuned input. Pi filter component look well designed for the

power level of a 3-500ZG. Maybe the bandswitch is replaced, hard to tell but
some soldering has been done there, now there is a big switch.
We have to fix a burned antenna relay, and the bias switching in out of
order. Even in standby the tube draws abt 125 mA plate current. I found a
broken transistor in the bias switch circuit ( look like someone
"redesigned" the whole bias circuits). The manual is missing so it anyone
knows anything about this type of amplifier or if someone can provide with a
copy of a manual, please let me know.

73 Classe SM3GSK

Classe Bergman
Radio Network Design
Flextronics  Network Services, Sundsvall
clas-olof.bergman@se.flextronics.com
 +46 60 67 76 17
Mobile: +46 70 59 22 302