Re: [Amps] water cooled...

To: Barrie Smith <barrie@centric.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] water cooled...
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 04:47:54 +0000
Barrie Smith wrote:

>As long as this subject is being beaten:
>
>There is a product sold for automobile use, where over-heating is a problem,
>called "water wetter".
>
>Instructions say that it will improve the heat-transfer of the water-coolant
>to the block/radiator.
>
>Some time ago I tried the product in a big engine I had installed in a small
>car.  Can't say that it made any difference in my case, but it was supposed
>to, at least according to the manufacturer.
>
>Anyone have a clue as to what this stuff is, or does?
>
>Barrie, W7ALW

Does a detergent not wet water more, by reducing surface tension? Not
that I think it makes the slightest difference, but then some people by
magnets to put on their fues lines to give them 20% better fuel economy.
I would argue it lowers their economy by 0.00001%, as the car now weighs
more!

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
G8WRB