Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage Redux

To: "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shipping Damage Redux
From: Fred <fred@k5og.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:54:59 -0600
Hi Hal
That really sucks.  I've NEVER had a problem with C&F including an
essentially priceless 1939 tv picture tube.
My 77Sx arrived in excellent condition.  The spinner knob had been
removed and was packed separately.  The transformer was screwed down so
tight I damn near couldn't get it off the bottom of the crate.
I read the later post re State Electronics and while they aren't exact
they will probably do the job.  Since my spinner knob was broken when my
first 77 arrived last year I know how hard they are to find.  Alpha did
have one.  And they charged me $125 for it!  They certainly are made of
unobtanium - perhaps the rarest element in the Periodic Table.
73 de
K5OG
Fred