Re: [Amps] Freq Counter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Freq Counter
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:28:08 -0500
Thanks Steve, I'll do it. This makes me think too that I might be wrong
about the one chip. The driver and oscillator I'm sure about. I seen an
old design by Pride for a small counter and it was close in some ways but
had a couple of ICs in the front end like this. What it is, there's either
one or two 14 pin dips to act as the counter which are both tied to the
oscillator and display driver. The thing is, the one chip that I'm now not
sure about has the same pin out as the one used in the Conar circuit (VCC,
in/out, etc on same pin). The thing is, Conar stopped there at the one
chip and tied it to a preamp transistor where it sampled the RF. This one
uses the unknown chip whch is tied to a pickup loop and a gain pot. I
first figured it was a dual or quad amp, but I cant match its pin out. All
I have now is the new NTE book and it wont have any of their old
discontinued ICs in it. I wish I'd kept those old ECG, GE, and SK books.

If I cant figure it out, I may just have the owner to buy one of those
cheap 5 digit counters off ebay that the CBr's are using. It'll be just as
good for what he wants.

Best,

Will