[Amps] Low Pass Filters

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Low Pass Filters
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:23:40 -0400
On low pass filters, what would be a good suggested Q for the design? Opinions
vary somewhat so what is the folks heres suggestions? The reason being, since
the talk of solid state came up, I'm tinkering with the idea of making a small
push pull just to experiment with using a couple of 2SC2879's. I want to see
how clean I can make one. I want to try several bias designs and maybe several
filters, etc. One idea was to build it with a switchable operating class of AB
for SSB and C for AM, CW work. In other words, just kill off the bias for CW
and add it for SSB. I have an old heatsink with board assembly here to test
with so it made me want to do it. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Will