Re: [Amps] a common topic here tspa

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] a common topic here tspa
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:13:04 -0400
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL"
> Are there any currently manufactured ham band amplifiers using the 8877
> which *do* employ a parasitic suppressor?

Not that I know of Ken. Mine has been used to burn limbs out of trees, load
up my metal barn, (when the open wire line decided to weld to it) and work
many contest and much DX. Tube date code 1974 and given to me by W6SAI as a
professional sample. If its had any parasites they must have been pretty
damn wussyfied !! Guess my heirs can remove the gold meltballs and buy'em a
Big Mac when I pass on.
73, John WA4TT