Re: [Amps] Volt-watt meter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Volt-watt meter
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:44:54 -0400
Ken,

I'm really not sure just how accurate a fuse would be. My opinion, I doubt very
good, maybe like the light bulb. The thing is, one would have to know the surge
current it takes to blow the fuse as actually a fuse will not blow right at
it's rating or I have never seen one that would unless it was a surge that hit
it. In this case I would be bringing the current up slowley with the variac.

What I was hoping to do was use something readily available here like an
appliance which I could test easily and get a decent result. I may end up
having to go to the bench on it as I just cant think of anything else.

Best,

Will