Re: [Amps] New Command Technologies Amp

To: "Amps Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Command Technologies Amp
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:28:52 -0500
Thanks for rapping my head. I was thinking of a non-resonant load at the
time--as in a really QRP linear driver stage.

Roy    K6XK

'In SSB and CW modes, the peak voltage on the plate is the power supply
voltage.'

"How come? The plate voltage swings from its supply down to some voltage
( normally about the 'knee' of the curve) and then up above the supply
by the same amount. So the peak volts above ground is a bit less than
twice supply. In 100% AM, it's a bit under 4 times supply."

73

Peter G3RZP