[Amps] MOT MDA1333H -- more

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] MOT MDA1333H -- more
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 01:50:43 +0000
I now have the full 4-page spec sheet in front of me, if there are any specific
questions.

That I-o of 2.5 amps, by the way, is "Average Half Wave Rectified Forward
current (Resistive Load, 180-degree Conduction Angle, 60 cps, Free Convection
Cooling)" at 40 degrees C.  It drops to 0.5 amps at 100 degrees C.

Two other specs of possible interest:

Maximum Full-Cycle Average Forward Voltage Drop (@ rated current, 40 degrees C)
= 10 volts.
Maximum Full-Cycle Average Reverse Current (ditto) = 3.0 mA.

Temperatures cited are AMBIENT, "measured at the cold air source point; i.e.,
immediately below the rectifier legs under convection cooling and on the cool
air side with forced air cooling."

The device has an operating frequency range of DC to 400 cps (Hz).

Bud, W2RU