Re: [Amps] test frequency TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] test frequency TSPA
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 17:21:45 -0400
The way I read that, it was for linear amplification at 750 watts as it was
designed to work between 2 to 40 MHz. Even though it can be used as part of a
plasma generator, etc., they had other amateur frequencies listed under the
same spec. I was wondering why, even that the 27.1 MHz frequency is used for
plasma generators, they didn't show a circuit for the 13.56 MHz one in place of
that, or a higher one up to 40 MHz. Most every other manufacturer I've seen
does that. The way they have that one, it's ready to go almost for anyone who
want's to use it for other purposes. However, I did notice that the schematic
didn't follow the part layout as it shows an extra capacitor and coil on the
input before the stripline. Those weren't listed in the BOM either.

One thing about a power supply for this, the transformers would be cheaper as
one could use a 240 Vac isolation transformer for the power. After the voltage
drop, you would see about +300 Vdc on the circuit. 240 Vac X 1.414 = 339 Vdc /
1.13 = 300 Vdc. 1.13 (13%) about always matches the drop on most power supplies
I've seen or built.

Best,

Will