[Amps] How to replace lamps on AL811 Ameritron?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] How to replace lamps on AL811 Ameritron?
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 22:59:33 EDT
I have an Ameritron AL811 and need to replace a meter lamp.
The lamps are in the meter and soldered to stubs.
The front of the meter must be removed to get to lamp.
Can you believe it?
Has anyone done this repair?
Are the front covers of the meter easy to take off or are they glued on to
the meter?
What number are these bulbs?
They are long with wire leads on each end and frosted.
I have never seen a meter with no access to the lamps from the outside.
I read a string on the list that said that the meter lamps were in a holder
that could be removed from the back.
Not on this AL811.
Could be they improved the lamps life by using this method of bulb and bulb
placement or I have an older model.
Thanks in advance.
Dan/N4VET