Re: [Amps] Arcos 2M Amp Built by W2GN

To: k2xx@swva.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Arcos 2M Amp Built by W2GN
From: jeff millar <wa1hco@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:49:58 -0400
Joe...

Fred Merry was a fine craftsman and built a series of excellent VHF, UHF
amplifiers using stripline construction techniques. Prior to Fred's work
most amplifiers uses push-pull techniques and link coupling.

I was in school nearby while he was active and met him several times. A
number of the hams in the area knew him well and never had a bad word to
say.

He also supplied kits. Most of the amplifiers used 4cx250's as I recall,
a pair of 3cx800 would be both rare and a significant advantage. You
might double check, that...the tubes might really be 250s.

I've used the 432 version with a pair of 250's and it worked fine.

jeff, wa1hco