Re: [Amps] ACOM 2000A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ACOM 2000A
From: "Iezzi Family" <slifamily@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:43:07 -0400
I purchased one and installed it on an experimental Navy ship.  It was
connected to a 28 foot mast on deck and was adjusted to auto tune and
transmit at 500 watts.  It ran very well for about a year and then the fault
indicator came on.  We discover that the connection to the antenna on the
deck corroded enough to short circuit the output.  We reworked the
connection and the amp was happy again.

The only problem that we had was an occasional trip due to a spike in the
initial radio output.  Some radios spike the transmit power before settling
to the nominal power level.  This amp will fault on the spike.

Steve KT4FY