Re: [Amps] Motor-Driven Caps

To: "Ronald Smith" <kb7zr@hotmail.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Motor-Driven Caps
From: "Floyd Sense" <fsense@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:52:32 -0400
I've had a remote tuner in operation (dual balanced L design) for 3 years
now and have had good success using surplus gearmotors to drive the caps.  I
bought the first set of two on eBay, but now Jameco has a wide variety at a
low price.  If you use an air variable without stops, the controls are a bit
simpler than if you use a vacuum variable.  I use a Jennings vacuum variable
obtained on ebay and built limit switch circuitry to avoid turning the cap
against its stops.  It's easy to find the parts to assemble the motor driven
cap yourself - very difficult to find something already assembled.

K8AC