[Amps] FS: Very Large Transformer

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FS: Very Large Transformer
From: "Jim Smith" <j-r-smith@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:28:34 -0700
I have a very large transformer for sale that I purchased for a
4CX10,000D/8171 amplifier project. I purchased the 4CX10,000D/8171 tube only
to have it arrive damaged. I then purchased this transformer along with the
tube and socket, only to have this tube and socket arrive damaged also. I
shelved the project indefinitely, and lately have been thinking of selling
the transformer.

The transformer weighs roughly 250 pounds. It was originally used in
commercial equipment with a 4CX5000A/8170 tube which has the same power
requirements as the 4CX10,000D/8171. It was so heavy, it had to be
disassembled into six separate boxes for shipping. The seller did not know
the voltage rating, but this is a very large three phase transformer. I
figured I could use a number of configurations with just one coil, or two in
either series or parallel to get a variety of outputs that would be much
more than suitable for my needs.

If you are building one of those beefy power supplies, this will surely
handle the demand. I am asking $225.00 plus shipping costs. Contact me off
list if you are interested.

Jim Smith,

KQ6UV