Re: [Amps] Grid Meter Confusion

To: "'aborg'" <a_borg@yahoo.com>, "'Amps Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid Meter Confusion
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:11:17 -0500
Hello, Mike,
Are you running the tube grounded grid?
If so, the grid pins on the tube socket all need to be strapped to chassis
ground via short straps. To improve stability and kill some bad habits,
especially if you are running over 5 kv on the anode, you need to put a 10
ohm resistor in series with a 25 pf disk ceramic capacitor from each
filament pin to ground with leads as short as possible. The grid current is
measured from the center-tap of the filament transformer to chassis ground
with your 500 ma meter (B-).

Will need further info to comment more....

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC