[Amps] Xverter, SS brick and Tube Amplifier Sequencing?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>,"Orion @contesting.com" <orion@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Xverter, SS brick and Tube Amplifier Sequencing?
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 08:58:55 -0400
I am currently using a DEMI 6M transverter with my Orion to drive a
VHF-1200 to about 400W output.  The DEMI puts out about 20W which can be
reduced, if necessary, by reducing the drive from the Orion.  I have a
150W Mirage brick that I could insert between the DEMI and the VHF-1200,
and by adjusting the drive to the brick, I could get 40W out of the
brick to obtain 750W from the VHF-1200.  The question is don't I have to
sequence the PTT lines on the Amp and the brick so that the amp goes
into transmit first followed by the brick, so that the amp is not hot
switched?  If so, is there an easy way to accomplish the sequencing?

Thanks for your help.

73, Joe
K2XX