Re: [Amps] Tube Identification

To: George Cortez <ne2i@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tube Identification
From: John Irwin <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:19:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hi
Suggest you put your mark on the tube somewhere obvious and also somewhere not
so noticeable.  Perhaps the  top of plate cap maybe or marker on the glass with
a marker. It Will prevent switching tubes also.  A small  X on the metal
surface will suffice. take a picture of the mark or have someone witness the
mark.  Be sure to mention on the listing that tubes are marked.  We mark units
at work to prevent tampering with inside by customers.  The tech super glued a
screw in.  Client broke it off voiding warranty.  Comes out easily with
soldering iron heated for 30 seconds.

john kb9tc

George Cortez <ne2i@optonline.net> wrote:
George KB2Z wrote:

>Morning all,
>I have a pair of Eimac 3-500 tubes I would like to sell and would
>like suggestions for identifying them.
>They are putting out over a 1000W cw. I dont want to sell them to
>have an un-ethical person send back as bad, saying they are no good.
>I sold a new tested pair of tubes a few years back and had that
>pulled on me. Once bitten, twice shy.
>Thanks in advance, George KB2Z

maybe use an etching tool at the top of the anode connector? or at the
top of one of the pins
anything like a permanent marker could be wiped off.
perhaps a little bit of enamel nail polish ( they come in weird colors
that cannot be duplicated easily)
at the bottom of the tube or something.....
Anyone have any other ideas?